Tuition Rates and Fees 2021-2022
Number of Children
* A 2% discount is offered for payment in full at the time of registration.
*$25 per child
*$325 per child
Class fee per child varies by grade
*All fees are non-refundable
Tuition for TK includes instruction, social time and rest as needed from 8:00 a.m. to 3:05 p.m.
Tuition may be paid over 10, 11, or 12 months with all payments beginning in July. Tuition is automatically deducted through FACTS Tuition Management from a bank account of your choice on either the 5th or 20th of each month. A family may choose to pay in full at the time of registration for a 2% discount; families receiving tuition assistance are not eligible for this discount.
Attributes unique to St. Mary School included in tuition…
Love with devotion, learn with passion, and lead with faith.
- Full time teacher dedicated to art instruction in our beautiful studio specifically designed for creating art.
- Full time teacher dedicated not only to music education, but also to conducting band and choir in our music room complete with a baby grand piano, drums and more.
- Full time teacher dedicated to science instruction in our state-of-the-art science room.
- Technology instruction with enough iPads to use for any class, and a 1:1 Chromebook to student ratio.
- Full time enrichment instructor providing additional resources needed by students in our dedicated enrichment center.
- Spanish language instruction beginning with Transitional Kindergarten.
- Full time counselor providing student support in all aspects of student life.
With 65 years of history at St. Mary School, we welcome you to explore our campus.
Selecting the right school can be one of the most important life-decisions for your son or daughter. We’re here to support and provide answers to the questions you or your student might have about St. Mary School. Once through the admission process, we will continue to work with you to provide a smooth transition to campus. Together with you, we will make the most of the St. Mary School experience for your son or daughter.
The best way to know if St. Mary School is the right fit for you is to visit our beautiful campus in the heart of East Sacramento. Plan a visit to St. Mary School by calling our front office at (916) 452-1100.
Come see us, and let us show you around. View the beautiful, iconic campus in any season, tour our state-of-the-art facilities, and gain insight into our school experience. Plan your visit and get ready to make yourself at home. Call (916) 452-1100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your tour. We are located in East Sacramento at 1351 58th Street, Sacramento, CA 95819 (between N Street and M Street). Our nearest major cross street is Folsom Blvd.
Steps for applying to St. Mary School
How to Apply:
- Download an applicataion here..
- Please return your completed application with all supporting documents (see below) in person to the school office, or send by mail. Please note we cannot accept partial application packages. If you turn in a completed application package, but have not yet toured our school, we will contact you to set an appointment to visit our school and meet staff.
- We encourage you to explore all the content under the Admissions tab on our school’s home page. Some information you will find:
Selection criteria for St. Mary School in all grade levels (in order of consideration):
- Sibling of a St. Mary School student
- Registered, active member of St. Mary Parish
- Registered, active member of another Catholic Parish
- Not registered, non-active or non-Catholic family
Supporting documents required at time of submitting application for all grade levels (we cannot accept partial application packages):
- $25 Application Fee (non-refundable)
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Baptismal Certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of immunization record
In addition, for first grade through eighth grade applications:
- Copy of student’s latest report card
- Copy of student’s standardized test scores
- Copy of all Sacrament certificates received (Reconciliation, First Communion, and Confirmation), if applicable
All families must complete a minimum of 25 service hours for the school (parent hours) each year between April 1st and March 31st. A minimum of 5 hours must be completed at one or more of the school’s Major Events. Additionally, all families have a minimum fundraising obligation of $575, of which a minimum of $50 credit (not face value of purchase) must be earned from SCRIP and/or eSCRIP purchases.
Age for Admission
A child who is 4 years of age by September 1 is eligible to apply to Transitional Kindergarten. It is our policy to give all prospective students a “readiness” test, with the acceptance of students being the direct responsibility of the principal and/or the pastor.
Transfer students are admitted for a probationary period of one school year. During this period, the student should demonstrate successful experience both in schoolwork and behavior. If a student is transferring to St. Mary School during the course of the year, please contact the assistant to the principal, so that an appointment and interview can be scheduled.
Health Screening Requirements
Children in California are required to receive certain immunizations in order to attend public and private elementary schools, as well as child care centers. We are required to enforce immunization requirements, maintain immunization records, and submit reports. Go to shotsforschool.org for the complete law and immunization requirements.
What Happens After Submitting an Application
Following is a general guideline for the Registration Timeline for New Families. Specific dates TBD. Please refer back to this section as it will be updated based on any changes due to health protocol.
School Tour – Ongoing
Application Period Opens for New Families – October 1
Open House – January
New Grade 1st-8th Student Assessments – February
New TK/Kindergarten Assessments – February
Letter of Acceptance/Denial Mailed – March
Registration of New Families – March
Invitations to our Student Information System (SchoolSpeak) – March