Tuition Rates and Fees 2023-2024
Number of Children
*$27 per child
*$325 per child
Class fee per child varies by grade
*All fees are non-refundable
Tuition for TK includes instruction, social time and rest as needed from 8:00 a.m. to 3:05 p.m.
Tuition may be paid over 10, 11, or 12 months with all payments beginning in July. Tuition is automatically deducted through FACTS Tuition Management from a bank account of your choice on either the 5th or 20th of each month. A family may choose to pay in full at the time of registration for a 2% discount; families receiving tuition assistance are not eligible for this discount.
Attributes unique to St. Mary School included in tuition…
Love with devotion, learn with passion, and lead with faith.
- Two teachers dedicated to art instruction in our beautiful studio specifically designed for creating art
- Full time teacher dedicated not only to music education, but also to conducting band, string, and choir in our music room complete with a baby grand piano, drums and more
- Full time teacher dedicated to science instruction in our state-of-the-art science laboratory.
- Integrated and updated technology with a 1:1 Chromebook to student ratio (grades 1-8) and Ipads (TK – K)
- Enrichment instructor providing additional resources needed to support students
- Full time Spanish language instruction beginning with Transitional Kindergarten
- With more than 65 years of history at St. Mary School, we welcome you to explore our campus.
Selecting the right school can be one of the most important life-decisions for your son or daughter. We’re here to support and provide answers to the questions you or your student might have about St. Mary School. Once through the admission process, we will continue to work with you to provide a smooth transition to campus. Together with you, we will make the most of the St. Mary School experience for your son or daughter.
The best way to know if St. Mary School is the right fit for you is to schedule a tour to see our beautiful campus in the heart of East Sacramento.
Selection Criteria All Grade Levels (in order of consideration):
- Siblings of St. Mary School students
- St. Mary preschool students
- Registered, active member of St. Mary Parish
- Alumni or current family relatives
- Registered, active member of another Catholic Parish
- Not registered, non-active or non-Catholic family
Supporting documents required at time of submitting application for all grade levels (we cannot accept partial application packages):
- $27 Application Fee (non-refundable)
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Baptismal Certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of Immunization Record
In addition, for first grade through eighth grade applications:
- Copy of student’s latest report card
- Copy of student’s standardized test scores
- Copy of all Sacrament certificates received (Reconciliation, First Communion, and Confirmation), if applicable
All families must complete a minimum of 25 service hours for the school (parent hours) each year between April 1st and March 31st. A minimum of 5 hours must be completed at one or more of the school’s Major Events. Additionally, all families have a minimum fundraising obligation of $575, of which a minimum of $50 credit (not face value of purchase) must be earned from SCRIP and/or eSCRIP purchases.
Age for Admission
A child who is 4 years of age by September 1 is eligible to apply to Transitional Kindergarten. It is our policy to give all prospective students a “readiness” test, with the acceptance of students being the direct responsibility of the principal and/or the pastor.
Transfer students are admitted for a probationary period of one school year. During this period, the student should demonstrate successful experience both in schoolwork and behavior. If a student is transferring to St. Mary School during the course of the year, please contact the assistant to the principal, so that an appointment and interview can be scheduled.
Health Screening Requirements
Children in California are required to receive certain immunizations in order to attend public and private elementary schools, as well as child care centers. We are required to enforce immunization requirements, maintain immunization records, and submit reports. Go to shotsforschool.org for the complete law and immunization requirements.