How to Apply
- Go to saintmaryschool and download an application from our website, or call us to schedule a tour. We are located at 1351 58th Street, Sacramento, CA 95819 (between N Street and M Street).
- Please return your completed application with all supporting documents in person to the school office, or send by mail. If you turn in an application, but have not yet toured our school, we will contact you to set an appointment to visit our school and meet staff.
- We encourage you to explore all the content under the Admissions tab on our school’s home page. You will find the current registration timeline, calendar, tuition and extension rates, uniform information, and more.
Selection criteria for St. Mary School in all grade levels (in order of consideration):
- Sibling of a St. Mary student
- Registered, active member of St. Mary Parish
- Registered, active member of another Catholic Parish
- Not registered, non-active or non-Catholic family
Required at time of submitting application for all grade levels
- $25 Application Fee (non-refundable)
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Baptismal Certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of immunization record
In addition, for students first grade through eighth grade applications….
- Copy of student’s latest report card
- Copy of student’s standardized test scores
- Copy of all Sacrament certificates received (Reconciliation, First Communion, and Confirmation), if applicable
Tuition and Payment Options for 2020-2021
|Number of Children||Rate||Less 2%*|
|1 Child||$ 5,950||$ 5,831|
|* A 2% discount is offered for payment in full at the time of registration. |
The tuition for TK includes instruction from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and extended care at no additional cost through the end of the regular school day, 3:05 pm.
Tuition may be paid over 10, 11, or 12 months with all payments beginning in July. Tuition is automatically deducted through FACTS Tuition Management from a bank account of your choice on either the 5th or 20th of each month. A family may choose to pay in full at the time of registration for a 2% discount; families receiving tuition assistance are not eligible for this discount.
|Application||$25 per child|
|Registration||$325 per child|
|Class fee per child varies by grade|
All families must complete a minimum of 25 service hours for the school (parent hours) each year between April 1st and March 31st. A minimum of 5 hours must be completed at one or more of the school’s Major Events. Additionally, all families have a minimum fundraising obligation of $550, of which a minimum of $50 credit (not face value of purchase) must be earned from SCRIP and/or eSCRIP purchases.
Age for Admission
A child who is 4 years of age by September 1 is eligible to apply to Transitional Kindergarten. It is our policy to give all prospective students a “readiness” test, with the acceptance of students being the direct responsibility of the principal and/or the pastor.
Transfer students are admitted for a probationary period of one school year. During this period, the student should demonstrate successful experience both in schoolwork and behavior. If a student is transferring to St. Mary School during the course of the year, please contact the assistant to the principal, so that an appointment and interview can be scheduled.
Health Screening Requirements
Children in California are required to receive certain immunizations in order to attend public and private elementary schools, as well as child care centers. We are required to enforce immunization requirements, maintain immunization records, and submit reports. Go to shotsforschool.org for the complete law and immunization requirements.