TO CHECK ON YOUR VOLUNTEER STATUS (please note this does not necessarily mean you are cleared, it is only a way to see if any paperwork on file in the office needs to be updated):
From a desktop
1) Log into SchoolSpeak
2) Click on your username in the upper right-hand corner
3) Click on “My Profile” from the pull-down menu
4) Scroll down – you will eventually see “STV Expiration”, “Driver License #”, “Auto Insurance” – and you can check on the expiration dates in those fields. Please ensure proper coverage is noted if you are volunteering as a driver.
From your mobile phone
1) Log into SchoolSpeak
2) Choose “More” from the menu at the bottom of the screen
3) Click on “My Profile”
4) Click on the orange circle with the pen next to your picture
5) Scroll down – you will eventually see “STV Expiration”, “Driver License #”, “Auto Insurance” – and you can check on the expiration dates in those fields. Please ensure proper coverage is noted if you are volunteering as a driver.
Parental Requirements Here is what we need on file:
If you haven’t been fingerprinted for the school, print out the form listed under the above link. Forms are also in the front office. It costs about $40 but you only need to do this once. Keep in mind, once fingerprinted, it takes a few days for your record to be published by the Department of Justice.
Every three years, you need to be certified by learning from an online tutorial that takes about an hour. Be sure to print your certificate of completion and bring it to the front office.
Sign it and bring it into the front office.
IF YOU ARE DRIVING (even if you are just driving your own student),
You need ALL of the above AND:
- Driver’s License
Bring a copy of your current driver’s license to the front office.
Bring a copy of your insurance “DECLARATIONS” page, which shows coverage amounts, to the front office. (The Sacramento Diocesan insurance requirement states that drivers must have liability limits of $100,000 per person, $300,000 per occurrence, $50,000 property damage, $100,000 uninsured motorists, and minimum medical coverage of $5,000). If you don’t have the proper coverage, many insurance providers offer temporary coverage for a small fee.
Also found under “Forms” on the school website, complete this and bring it to the front office. You will want to bring an updated copy into the office anytime a) there is a change to your insurance, b) you switch providers or c) you purchase a new car. Note that this is not a family form – each individual should fill this out if they want to drive.
LAST NOTE – Remember, many insurance policies expire every six months…driver’s licenses expire every few years. It may help to set reminders to update the school regularly – then when you are ready to volunteer, you will be ready with your paperwork on file in the office to be cleared.
Thank you for the time and effort you give to St. Mary School!